Fun and energizing group workouts.
Choose from a wide variety of class formats to stay motivated as you pursue your fitness goals. Our instructors provide modifications and progressions for all fitness levels.
New! Online reservations
We are now offering online registration for all Train360, Cycling, and Rhythm Ride classes instead of tickets. Deep Water participants do not need to pick up a ticket; please bring your Wiscard to the pool deck to be checked in. Online registration is not required, but it is strongly encouraged in order to secure your spot in class. Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to register and cancel classes.
If you are experiencing problems or have questions about registering online, please call our Member Services staff at (608) 262-3742.
Online reservation policies
- Student Group Fitness Pass or Affiliate Group Fitness Pass required for registration, except during Free Group Fitness weeks and Stress Relief Week
- Registration opens 48 hours prior to class start time and will close 1 minute prior to start time
Check-in & Cancellation Policy:
- Check-in for class is required and begins 15 minutes before class and ends 5 minutes before class starts
- Any reserved spots that are not claimed at least 5 minutes before class will be given to drop-in participants
- Please bring your Wiscard or Rec Sports membership card to check in
- Check-in begins 15 minutes before class and ends 5 minutes before class
- Participants can cancel their registration for class online up to 2 hours prior to the class start time
- A participant with a “no show” or “late cancellation” will be assessed a $5 fee and will be suspended from registering for future Rec Sports programs and classes until the fee is paid
GROUP FITNESS PASS
Purchase a Group Fitness Pass for unlimited access to our Group Fitness classes. Passes are sold online or at Nat Member Services Office. Rec Sports Membership required for purchase. Please note that the Group Fitness program is subject to changes and breaks due to the academic and campus calendar.
August 27 – December 20
December 21 – May 10
May 11 – August 25
|Fall + Spring
August 27 – May 10
|Spring + Summer
December 21 – August 25
|Fall + Spring + Summer
August 27, 2018 – August 25, 2019
Spin your way to fitness with a challenging ride set to motivating music. Book your bike for all cycling classes using our new online reservation system.
A refreshing no-impact alternative to land cardiovascular workouts. Class offers cardio and muscular conditioning by using the natural resistance of the water. Buoyancy belts and props are used to add variety to the workout. Explore new depths of fitness!
A muscular-conditioning workout that uses free-weights and other fitness equipment. Instructors lead you through traditional and non-traditional exercises to improve your muscle strength and fitness level. Experience it once and you'll be hooked!
HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) integrates intervals of high intensity cardiovascular work with muscular conditioning utilizing a weighted bar and other equipment. Get ready to HIIT a new level of fitness!
A combination of Yoga and Pilates with a fitness twist. Build total body muscular strength, improve balance and increase flexibility. A workout from the inside out! Although fitness mats are provided, you are encouraged to bring your own yoga mat.
Clear your mind and let the music take control in this rhythm-based cycling class. You’ll pedal to the beat of the music and move to energizing songs during this 60-minute ride.
A workout that integrates high intensity intervals of tabatas (exercises performed for 8 rounds of 20 seconds of intense work and 10 seconds rest) with core training (abs and back exercises to challenge the core). Get in, get fit, get out!
Challenge your power, strength, and endurance during this circuit-based, high intensity training session. Let our coaches lead you through a workout using TRX, treadmills, battle ropes, kettlebells, ski ergs, plyo boxes, and more!
Ease your mind while improving flexibility, strength and body awareness. Incorporates varied methods such as Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga. Yoga Plus is 75 minutes.
A yoga flow that incorporates elements of strength training using light dumbbells. Cultivate body awareness and develop flexibility while building strength!
A Latin-based workout that integrates dance and exercise while moving to international beats. Come feel the music, join the fun and forget you are working out! No dance experience required. Zumba Plus is 75 minutes.
Group Fitness Policies
- Participants must be 18 years or older to participate in Group Fitness classes.
- Athletic footwear is required for all Group Fitness classes except Yoga, Powerflow, and Deep Water classes.
- Group Cycling and Deep Water participants must pick up a class ticket at the Natatorium Member Services Office up to 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Limit one per person. Present your ticket to the instructor upon entry to class. Cycling classes are limited to 28 riders.
- Classes in Room 1065 are limited to 49 participants.
- A minimum of five participants is required for all classes to be held.
Group Fitness Outreach Services
Arrange a private Group Fitness class.
We offer private group fitness classes for UW student organizations, UW residence halls and UW departments. Request a class in our facilities (internal event) or in a space provided by your group (external event).
Internal Events (held in Rec Sports facilities)
Available class formats include Zumba, Yoga, Powerflow, Core Training, Tabata, HIIT, Group Cycling and Group Strength. Rates include instruction, space rental, fitness equipment and sound system. Users must have appropriate athletic footwear. Only water is permitted in the activity space and must be in enclosed containers. No other food or drink will be allowed. If you wish to photograph or video record the class, you must obtain prior permission from Rec Sports.
External Events (held in a space provided by the group)
Class formats available include Zumba, Yoga, Powerflow, Core Training and Tabata.