Share your ideas through discussions and surveys.
Rec Sports is recruiting individuals to join our Think Big Member Panel. This group will provide insights and ideas for improving our programs, services, and facilities. Your role will be to engage in discussions and surveys related to the Rec Sports Master Plan, general operations and programs, and more.
Each discussion will include up to 12 members in order to keep conversation engaging and inclusive. We will use your feedback to inform and guide our decision-making in creating a quality experience for all members.
Think Big IS:
- A guided discussion with other Rec Sports members who represent various demographics and participation in different programs
- An opportunity to share your ideas and thoughts about new Rec Sports facilities
- An opportunity to share your ideas and thoughts about current and future Rec Sports programs and services
- An opportunity to improve the overall Rec Sports experience for current and future members
Think Big IS NOT:
- A policy- or decision-making committee
- A town hall discussion format
- Only focused on the Rec Sports Master Plan
How to join
Be part of something big.
Are you an active member of Rec Sports? Would you like to give direct feedback on designs for our Master Plan facilities? Do you have an interest in improving the Rec Sports experience for others? If you answered YES to these questions, consider joining our new membership panel.
We are looking for dedicated members to share experiences and ideas.
Think Big participants will commit to:
- One year of participation in discussions and electronic surveys
- Attendance at a minimum of ONE panel meeting per semester (each meeting will last approximately 1 hour)
Thank you for participating.
Think Big participants may receive various incentives from Rec Sports in appreciation of your voluntary time and effort. Benefits may include:
- Rec Sports swag and apparel
- Discounted/complimentary locker and/or towel service
- Complimentary Group Fitness memberships
- Complimentary memberships (Affiliate members only)
- And more!
Think Big is meant to provide diverse perspectives and inclusive conversation.
In order to create the most meaningful and relevant discussions, participants will be divided into two groups based on their university standing: students or non-students.
We will select 30 students to participate on the panel based on areas of interest and program involvement. You must be a currently enrolled, segregated-fee paying UW-Madison student to be considered for participation.
- 6 first-year students
- 6 second-year students
- 6 third-year students
- 6 fourth-year/senior students
- 6 graduate or PhD candidate students
*Current Rec Sports student employees are not eligible for participation in Think Big and are encouraged to join the Student Recreational Leadership Council.
We will select 30 non-students to participate on the panel based on length of membership, areas of interest, and program involvement. You must possess a valid Rec Sports membership throughout your entire term of participation.
- 6 faculty members
- 6 staff members
- 6 spouse/domestic partner members
- 6 UW Hospital, Emeritus, or Guest Audit members
- 6 community members
We are here to help.
Questions regarding the Rec Sports Think Big Member Panel should be directed to Sandy Wilson, Assistant Director of Member Services. Contact Sandy at email@example.com.