Keep your belongings safe during your workout.
Choose between both short-term and long-term locker use at our facilities.
- All lockers are the exclusive property of UW-Madison Division of Recreational Sports. Rec Sports reserves the right to open lockers for any emergency, safety, or maintenance purpose.
- Violation of UW-Madison and/or Rec Sports policies may lead to termination of locker privileges without a refund.
- Valid membership is required for day use and rental lockers.
- Rec Sports is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Lockers marked “Day Use Only” may be used by members during open hours and can be locked with a personal lock or a rental lock ($1) from the Towel Room at the Nat, or from the Member Services desk at the Shell and Nielsen Tennis Stadium.
- Guests using the facility may bring a personal lock and use the Day Use Lockers during open hours on the day of their visit.
- Locks left on after the facility closes will be removed and the contents of the locker will be disposed of if not claimed within 30 days. Items can be claimed at the facility in which the locker was used. A $15 locker cleanout fee will be charged to retrieve locker contents.
- Rental lockers are equipped with a Rec Sports lock; personal locks are prohibited. It is the renter’s responsibility to maintain possession of the Rec Sports-issued lock for the duration of the locker rental. Rec Sports reserves the right to immediately remove and dispose of non-Rec Sports locks. If a locker is found with a non-Rec Sports lock, Rec Sports will issue a new lock and the renter will be charged a $6 replacement lock fee.
- Personal belongings left in an expired locker will be removed and the contents of the locker will be disposed of if not claimed within 30 days. Items can be claimed at the facility in which the locker was used. A $15 locker cleanout fee will be charged to retrieve locker contents. A $20 locker cleanout fee will be charged to retrieve locker contents from Ice Rink lockers at the Shell.
- Lockers are non-transferable and sharing is prohibited. For security purposes, forgotten combinations will only be issued to the person who is renting the locker.
- Lockers can be renewed up to 30 days prior to current locker expiration date.
Rental Locker Fees
August 27 – December 20
December 21 – May 10
May 11 – August 25
|Fall + Spring
August 27 – May 10
|Spring + Summer
December 21 – August 25
|Fall + Spring + Summer
August 27, 2018 – August 25, 2019
*NAT, Shell, & NTS only
September 5, 2018 – December 20, 2018
December 21, 2018 – May 2, 2019
|Fall + Spring
September 5, 2018 – May 2, 2019
Towel Rental (one day use): $1
Towel Purchase (lifetime use): $20
Learn more and start your towel service by stopping by our Towel Room or any Member Services Office.
You may check out equipment from the Towel Room in the locker room (Nat) for Member Services desk (Shell and Nielsen Tennis Stadium).
- A University of Wisconsin – Madison and/or Recreational Sports identification must be presented to check out equipment.
- Equipment must be returned the same day it is checked out and should be returned 10 minutes before closing to avoid a $1/day late fee charge.
- Late equipment after seven calendar days will be assessed an equipment replacement fee, in addition to a $7 late fee charge. The equipment replacement fee varies based on equipment type.
- If late fee and/or equipment replacement fee has not been paid within seven calendar days, the member will be suspended until the equipment has been returned, late equipment fee has been paid, and/or the replacement cost of the item has been paid.
- If equipment is returned damaged beyond normal wear and tear, the equipment replacement fee will be assessed.
- Other equipment is available. Please view our Reservation and Rentals page to learn more.
- Weight belts
- Dip belt
- Lift pad
- Badminton racquets
- Volleyballs – Indoor & Outdoor Use
- Basketballs – Indoor & Outdoor Use, Men’s & Women’s
- Soccer balls
- Medicine balls – 6, 8, 10, 12 lbs.
- Jump ropes
- Foam rollers
- Wallyball net & ball
- Jump ropes
- 3-10 lb dumbbells
- Weight belts
- Table Tennis paddles and balls
- Speed bag
- Skates ($3)
- Foam rollers
- Helmet ($2)
- Goalie equipment ($5/set)
- Tennis racquets($2)
- Squash racquets($2)
- Tennis Ball Machine Rental ($10 + court fees)
Nat Member Services Office & Towel Room
|Racquetball (3 per can)||$6|
|Racquetball Goggles – Impulse||$15|
|Racquetball Goggles – Vendetta||$15|
|Shuttlecock – Plastic||$3|
|Shuttlecock – Feather||$4|
|Swim Goggles – Leader||$7|
|Swim Goggles – Vanquisher||$15|
|Towel Purchase (lifetime)||$20|
|Towel Rental (one-day use)||$1|
Shell Membership Services Office
|Figure Laces –
|Tape – Black, White||$5|
|Tape – Clear||$4|
Nielsen Tennis Stadium Member Services Office
|Dunlop Double Hardball||$6|
|Dunlop Pro Squash Ball||$5|
|Dunlop Single Hardball||$6|
|Gamma Guard Tape||$5|
|Gamma Pro Control Grip||$5|
|Gamma Pro RX||$5|
|Gamma Red Eye||$5|
|Gamma Shock Buster||$4|
|Gamma Short Socks||$4|
|Gamma Supreme Overgrip||$5|
|Gamma Tall Socks||$4|
|Gamma Ultra Cushion Contour||$5|
|Gamma Ultra Cushion Texture||$5|
|Wilson Pro Overgrip||$7|
|Wilson Tennis Ball Can||$5|
Equipment, Towels, and Locker Room
- Unauthorized photography and use of recording devices is strictly prohibited
- All participants must be out of the locker room at closing
- Personal locks left on daily use lockers overnight will be cut; contents can be retrieved from the Towel Room for a $15 fee (f not claimed within 30 days, the contents will be disposed of)
- A University of Wisconsin – Madison and/or Recreational Sports identification must be presented to check out equipment
- Equipment must be returned the same day it is checked out and should be returned 10 minutes before closing
- Members may not share lockers; any locker holder found sharing will be asked to relinquish his or her locker with no refund given due to policy violation
- Lockers are rented with the intent that it is a secure location to store a member’s personal belongings and sharing this space compromises this security
- All lockers are the property of Rec Sports
- Rec Sports Staff reserves the right to check lockers to resolve safety/security concerns
- All affected locker holders will be notified should this occur