Faculty/Staff, Emeritus/Retired, UW Hospital Staff, Alumni, and Spouse/Domestic Partners.
|1-week membership trial
Memberships can be renewed up to 30 days prior to current membership expiration date.
*For more information about our Monthly Recurring membership option, please click here.
- See tabs to the right based on your affiliation.
- Try our facilities and Group Fitness classes for one week for FREE
- Stop by any Member Services Office to sign up
- Individual is ineligible for Free Trial Week if held any prior Rec Sports Membership, or UW student status, within the past 5 years
Member Benefits & Services
As a member, you have access to the following:
- Unlimited access to four facilities
- Cardiovascular & strength training equipment
- Recreational swimming pool
- Gyms (basketball, volleyball, racquetball & badminton)
- Indoor track
- Sponsor up to three guests per day
- Various fitness and instructional programs
- Locker use
- Towel service
- Equipment rental
- Merchandise for purchase
Membership Eligibility Requirements
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
UW-Madison alumni are eligible to purchase a Rec Sports Affiliate membership with proof of graduation*. This can be provided using any of the following forms:
How to purchase a Rec Sports membership:
Bring a photo ID with birthdate and one of the above forms of proof to any Rec Sports Member Services office. If you still have a valid Wiscard, please bring that to reactivate upon purchasing your membership. If you do not have a Wiscard, a Rec Sports ID card will be issued to you.
Payment can be made with cash, check, or credit card.
*Providing proof of graduation will only be needed at initial membership purchase.
UW-Madison retirees & emeritus faculty can continue and/or begin a membership with Rec Sports as an Affiliate. In order to gain appropriate status with Rec Sports for this membership, the following steps need to be taken:
- Contact your Human Resources department and have them send a request to RetiredID@ohr.wisc.edu to change your status to retired/emeritus.
- If you are continuing a Faculty/Staff Membership after retirement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org after Step #1 is complete so we can check your status & update your membership type accordingly.
- If you are not continuing a current membership, once your status is updated in our system as Emeritus/Retired eligibility, you will be eligible to purchase a Rec Sports Membership. You can have us check your status by emailing email@example.com.
UW-Madison Faculty/Staff members are eligible for an Affiliate membership. Faculty/Staff member must obtain Wiscard one day prior to purchasing membership and using facilities.
Spouse & Domestic Partner
Spouse and domestic partners of UW-Madison students, faculty and staff, UW Hospital employees, and alumni are eligible to purchase a Rec Sports membership with proof of relationship. These memberships can be purchased independently of the affiliated spouse or domestic partner.
How to purchase a Rec Sports membership:
Stop in any of our Member Services Offices with proof of relationship along with both the sponsor affiliate and the spouse or domestic partner
- Option 1: marriage certificate/license or two forms of documentation proving marriage
- Option 2: UW-Madison Declaration of Domestic Partnership Form + two forms of documentation proving relationship
- Domestic Partnership agreement, including, but not limited to, legal registration of the domestic partner relationship with a local, state, federal, or foreign government
- Joint mortgage, lease, or title; or currently share the same residence and intend to do so indefinitely
- Designation of domestic partner or spouse as beneficiary for life insurance or retirement contract
- Durable property or healthcare powers of attorney
- Joint ownership or motor vehicle, joint checking account, or joint credit account
- UW Hospital employees must obtain a Wiscard at least one day prior to purchasing a Rec Sports Membership.
- UW Medical Foundation employees are not eligible for an Affiliate Membership at this time.