We host various camps at the Shell throughout the summer. Please click the Daily Schedules button above to check the most updated track and court closures.
|May 13 – August 25|
|Monday – Thursday||6am – 10pm|
|Friday||6am – 8pm|
|Saturday – Sunday||10am – 8pm|
|Memorial Day Weekend|
|Friday, May 24||6am – 6:30pm|
|Saturday, May 25 – Monday, May 27||CLOSED|
|Wednesday, July 3||6am – 6:30pm|
|Thursday, July 4||CLOSED|
Parking & Directions
- Metered street parking on Monroe Street
- Lot 18 (located in front of the Shell): Parkmobile spaces; follow directions on signs in front of stalls to pay
- Lot 19 (near the UW Field House): Free after 4:30pm Monday – Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday
- Engineering Parking Ramp/Lot 17 (free on weekends)
- Lot 16 (3-minute walk): Permit required 24/7; any UW Lot Permit is valid after 4:30pm Monday – Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday
- Bike stalls are available in front of the Shell
- Moped parking available at Lot 690, 695, and 69
*Parking availability may be restricted without notice due to special events.
- Convenient bus lines include the 3, 6, 7, 58, 80, 81, 82, and 84
Get a headstart on your workout by taking a BCycle to the Shell. Park your bike at the station located at the corner of Breese Terrace and Regent Street or in front of Union South on Campus Drive. A full map of all BCycle stations in the Madison area is available online.
*UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff receive a special rate of $20 for the year pass. Visit the Madison BCycle website for more information and to retrieve your discount code.
Programs & Features
- Ice Skating
- Figure Skating
- Cardio & Strength Training
- Open Rec activities
6-lane, 200-meter Track
Home to the Wisconsin Track & Field teams, the Shell’s indoor track is open for recreational use throughout the year. Whether you’re walking or jogging, escaping the weather, or varying your strength routine with sprint sets, the indoor track has plenty of room for all workouts.
The Shell houses four regulation-size basketball courts.
Cardio & Strength Space
Find a variety of treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, rowers, traditional weight machines, free weights, and stretching mats around the track. Need a spot or introduction to the equipment? Look for our Facility Attendants in the black polos – they are there to help!
The Shell Ice Rink offers open ice skating (including Late Night Skate), hockey, and figure skating opportunities. Students and Rec Sports members receive a discount on rink fees, and skate rental is available for all interested participants.