If you want to be a Badger, just run along with us.
This fall, we will be hosting the 4th annual Light of the Moon 5K. This year, the late-night run/walk is part of Wisconsin Welcome! You and your friends can join us in lighting up the night (and Lakeshore Path) during this annual celebration.
Join us again in fall 2019!
What to Expect
- 5 kilometers of lakeshore beauty
- A visit from everyone’s favorite sweater-wearing Badger
- All-around good times captured in photos by Rec Sports photographers
- Come dressed in a costume, we’ll be giving away the following prizes:
- Badger Spirit Award – Get your Wisco on to win this award!
- Brightest Costume – This prize will go to the costume with the most neon/brightest lights.
- Best Group Costume – The best group costume will win a pizza party from Ian’s Pizza!
- Living Well – All participants will be entered to win an Apple Watch sponsored by Matrix.
Race Day Information
- Race start time is 7:30pm and race course closes at 9pm
- Free parking in Lot 62 after 4:30pm
- Starting line is on the Near East Fields, in front of Dejope Residence Hall
- Participants are encouraged to wear bright neon inspired clothing for visibility, safety, and fun during the race
- Official race timing provided by Eclipse Timing
- Bag Drop will be available during the race on Near East Fields, limited to one bag per person
View more photos on our Facebook page!