If you want to be a Badger, just run along with us.
This fall, we will be hosting the 4th annual Light of the Moon 5K. This year, the late-night run/walk is part of Wisconsin Welcome! You and your friends can join us in lighting up the night (and Lakeshore Path) during this annual celebration.
Thursday, September 26 at 7:30pm
Near East Fields
Registration will open Monday, July 1.
If you would like to volunteer for the race, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to sign up for volunteering is Sunday, September 15.
What to Expect
- 5 kilometers of lakeshore beauty
- A visit from everyone’s favorite sweater-wearing Badger
- All-around good times captured in photos by Rec Sports photographers
- Come dressed in a costume, we’ll be giving away the following prizes:
- Badger Spirit Award
- Brightest Costume
- Best Group Costume
- Living Well
Race Day Information
- Race start time is 7:30pm and race course closes at 9pm
- Free parking in Lot 62 after 4:30pm
- Starting line is on the Near East Fields, in front of Dejope Residence Hall
- Participants are encouraged to wear bright neon inspired clothing for visibility, safety, and fun during the race
- Official race timing provided by Eclipse Timing
- Bag Drop will be available during the race on Near East Fields, limited to one bag per person
View more photos on our Facebook page!