If you want to be a Badger, just run along with us.
Every fall, Rec Sports teams up with the UW Homecoming Committee to host a late-night Badger-themed run/walk. Participants can run or walk along Lakeshore Path during this mid-week Homecoming celebration.
Join us again in Fall 2018!
Registration Fees & Details
Registration closes at 11:59 PM on Thursday, October 12. Online registration only. Required electronic waiver will not work on Firefox browsers. Please change to Chrome or Internet Explorer to register for this event.
UW-Madison Students: $15
Rec Sports Members: $20
Community/Non-Rec Sports Members: $25
*Participants must be 18 years or older and/or currently enrolled at UW-Madison.*
*All participants will receive a race t-shirt. Shirt size is not guaranteed.
**All sales are final. No refunds or transfers.**
What to bring:
- Valid Wiscard and/or Driver’s License required to pick-up bib and shirt.
- All participants must pick-up their own bib and shirt.
Times & Locations:
- Wednesday, October 18th
- 1pm-5pm at the Natatorium Aquatics Lobby
- 6pm-7pm at the Near East Fields (in front of Dejope Residence Hall)
What to Expect
- 5 kilometers of lakeshore beauty
- A visit from everyone’s favorite sweater-wearing Badger
- All-around good times captured in photos by Rec Sports photographers
- Prizes will be awarded for the best costumes in the following categories:
- Most Badger Spirit: Whether it’s game bibs, face paint, or your lucky jersey, go all out in your red and white! It is Homecoming Week, after all.
- Brightest Outfit: Light up Lakeshore Path with all the neon you own. Glow sticks and other glow-in-the-dark gear will be available to runners on race day as well.
- Lighting the Way with Pink: Wear as much pink as possible to support the cause!
- Best Team: Get dressed up with your friends, your club, or your floor! Post your group photo to Instagram the night of the race, tag @uwrecsports, and we’ll pick the best.
- Living Well: Anyone who attends the race is eligible to win, with or without a costume!
Race Day Information
- Race start time is 7:30pm and race course closes at 9pm
- Free parking in Lot 62 after 4:30pm
- Starting line is on the Near East Fields, in front of Dejope Residence Hall
- Participants are encouraged to wear bright neon inspired clothing for visibility, safety, and fun during the race
View more photos on our Facebook page!