If you want to be a Badger, just run along with us.
Every fall, Rec Sports teams up with the UW Homecoming Committee to host a late-night Badger-themed run/walk. Participants can run or walk along Lakeshore Path during this mid-week Homecoming celebration.
Join us again in Fall 2018!
What to Expect
- 5 kilometers of lakeshore beauty
- A visit from everyone’s favorite sweater-wearing Badger
- All-around good times captured in photos by Rec Sports photographers
- Prizes will be awarded for the best costumes in the following categories:
- Most Badger Spirit: Whether it’s game bibs, face paint, or your lucky jersey, go all out in your red and white! It is Homecoming Week, after all.
- Brightest Outfit: Light up Lakeshore Path with all the neon you own. Glow sticks and other glow-in-the-dark gear will be available to runners on race day as well.
- Lighting the Way with Pink: Wear as much pink as possible to support the cause!
- Best Team: Get dressed up with your friends, your club, or your floor! Post your group photo to Instagram the night of the race, tag @uwrecsports, and we’ll pick the best.
- Living Well: Anyone who attends the race is eligible to win, with or without a costume!
Race Day Information
- Race start time is 7:30pm and race course closes at 9pm
- Free parking in Lot 62 after 4:30pm
- Starting line is on the Near East Fields, in front of Dejope Residence Hall
- Participants are encouraged to wear bright neon inspired clothing for visibility, safety, and fun during the race
View more photos on our Facebook page!